Blog of the Danmmed

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Lighten Up

And listen up. It's the voice of reason, yo.

This whole religion thing has gotten way out of hand. I have one thing to say to pretty much all of you, regardless of your personal beliefs or whatever. I say this unequivocally and without bias.

STFU!

Okay, thank you. I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, but seriously. Just drop this whole subject. It's not getting us anywhere, and everyone's only getting riled up. I really don't care whether you worship Jesus, or Darwin, or a five-legged goat with the teeth of a tortoise and the tail of an antelope.

Religious tolerance, right? Isn't that supposed to one of the great things about America? I'm really getting sick of the whole "You're going to hell!" "No, you're going to hell!" thing. Also the "You're not going to hell, you'll just spend eternity slowly breaking down into your component molecules and atoms" thing.

Now, I'm not letting what I do and don't believe in interfere with me telling the lot of you to lighten up. We're teenagers. We're supposed to be worrying about our hair, not our immortal souls (or lack thereof).

Okay? Let's keep things secular, and keep out heated arguments on AIM and in the real world, where they might actually have some substance. It's easy to call someone a cockchafer over the intar-web, but a lot harder when it's to their face.

Eh? Damn straight!

2 Comments:

  • again, ditto.
    to change the topic, when did dougie start sayin this?!:
    "And listen up. It's the voice of reason, yo."
    yo?
    when i read that the people in computer lab thought i was having a seizure...just laughin.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 AM  

  • I thought it might help get my point across.

    By Blogger Doug, at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


·